Thank you for your interest in volunteering with Rogue Climate!
Right now, we are recruiting to critical public hearings held by the Oregon Department of State Lands (DSL) about the Jordan Cove LNG project. This fracked gas pipeline and export terminal would make short-term profits for a huge Canadian company, but for the rest of us…
- It would trample the rights of landowners with eminent domain, as well as traditional tribal territories
- It would drive up energy prices.
- It would pollute over 400 waterways.
- It would create the largest source of climate pollution in the state.
- And it would increase the risk of fires and put an explosive export terminal right in the earthquake and tsunami zone on our coast.
Oregon DSL and Governor Kate Brown have the power to stop this project. They should stand up for our communities, and not the corporate special interests. We can create a lot more jobs making our homes and businesses more energy efficient and speeding up our transition to solar and other clean energy sources.
In early January, the Oregon Department of State Lands is holding public hearings about a critical permit Jordan Cove LNG must get to construct the pipeline across our rivers and streams, and to dredge out Coos Bay for the Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) tankers and terminal.
Can you fill a volunteer shift to help turn people out to the public hearings:
Feel free to fill out the form below to let us know more about your interests, and we will follow up with you about opportunities to volunteer with Rogue Climate.